No man is a failure who is enjoying life. ~ William Feather
I wish I could remember when it is that I took that quote to heart.
All I know is that ever since I have "decided" to think about life in terms of embracing everything it has to offer, the good and the bad, it isn't as much of a pain in the ass.
Sure, there's a lot of stuff I wish would go better. Financially, I wish we had been more on the ball so that we were in a better position during this househunting. Still, it looks like we'll do okay. We just have to keep plugging until we find the right match and opportunity.
Both kids seem to really thrive on a routine and it helps me because I can always count on them to be in bed on time and I can pursue my own interests/hobbies in the workshop. Or, I can go out with a friend on "my" nights, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hubby's are Monday and Friday but he doesn't seem to take advantage of the time. (That is something I'll discuss in later posts.)
Romantically, it has never been better. We hit a rough spot last year in April and it was all my poor hubby could do to help me pull through my depression. I didn't even realize that I was but found things a lot harder to deal with than usual. I would cry at the drop of a hat. Activities with friends were overstimulating whereas before they were refreshing. I found myself withdrawing more and more.
And then, I found WiFo.
It has the right blend of intelligent discussion, silliness, and every now and again, controversy to keep me interested. Plus, if I get overstimulated, I can just walk away from it. That's hard to do when you are visiting with a friend. They would think it rude.
I have neglected much on the homefront because WiFo has been so interesting as of late. The sick part is when I find myself logging into WiFo at a friend's house. So, I have decided to bring my timer with me everywhere I go.
From now on, I'll put in 15 minutes while dinner is cooking and give back some time to tidying up the home office; another 15 minutes before I go to bed or handle some chore or go out. I will be logging in during lunch since I can eat and post.
Hopefully, I won't be as much of a hermit as I have been the last few months and balance things out. Either way, I'm going to enjoy life as much as I can.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home